the same, yesterday, today and forever. Heb. 13:8.
Die For a Lie?
The Apostles themselves were eyewitnesses to Jesus’ resurrected life.
• They knew first-hand whether or not Jesus’
resurrection was true.
• The evidence from their life:
- They had proven moral integrity.
- They condemned lying & stressed honesty.
- They were key figures in their communities.
- They were convinced of the resurrection.
- They became bold overnight.
- They faced beatings, torture, prison & death.
James (Son of Alphaeus): Crucified
Paul: Beheaded (Likely)
James (Brother of Jesus):Stoned (Bludgeoned)
Thomas (Doubting): Spear Thrust
James (Son of Zebedee): Sword
…all willing to die BRUTAL deaths for known TRUTH.