To find out we need to answer Six questions:
1. Did Jesus claim to be God?
2. Does Jesus possess the attributes of God?
3. Did Jesus perform miracles?
4. Did Jesus rise from the dead?
5. Did Jesus fulfill prophecy perfectly?
6. Did Jesus teach the Bible is the Word of God?
Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the Kingdom and healing every disease and sickness among the people.
1. Then Jesus took them through the writings of
Moses and all the prophets, explaining from all
the Scriptures the things concerning himself:
2. The Scriptures…testify of me: John 5:39
3. Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets… Matthew 5:17-18
4. “It is Written”…the authority of the OT is cited this same way 92 times in the NT.
5. From Abel to Zechariah: Matthew 23:35
“Therefore, I am sending you prophets and wise men and teachers of religious law. But you will kill some by crucifixion, and you will flog others with whips in your synagogues, chasing them from city to city. 35 As a result, you will be held responsible for the murder of all godly people of all time— from the murder of righteous Abel to the murder of Zechariah son of Barachiah, whom you killed in the Temple between the sanctuary and the altar.
A reference to the first and last OT murders. This is Jesus’ panoramic affirmation of the OT.
John 14:26 26 But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.
John 16:13 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.