What Books Should Be In The Bible?
“The Canon is a list of authoritative books more than an authoritative list of books.”
Bruce Metzger, Princeton University
DISCOVERING THE CANON
• Was the book authoritative? “The Lord Says…”
• Was it written by a prophet or apostle of God? If not, did it have apostolic authority? Luke
• Was the writer confirmed by acts of God (miracles)? Moses / Paul
• Does the book tell the truth about God consistent with previous revelation? Romans
• Did it give evidence of having the power of God? Gospels
• Was it accepted by the people of God? Early Church Fathers
• Is the book in complete harmony with the rest of the Bible? Gospel of Thomas (forgery 100 years after NT Gospels; only men saved)..
Source: I don't have enough faith to be an Atheist