The New Testament story is confirmed by 10 ancient, non-Christian sources, including:
Historians: Flavius Josephus, Tacitus, Suetonius, Thallus,
Government Officials: Pliny the Younger, Emperor Trajan, Emperor Hadrian
Other Sources: Including The Jewish Talmud and Greek writer Lucian.
Compiling their references, we get a story congruent with the New Testament...
1. Jesus lived during time of Tiberius Caesar.
2. He lived a virtuous life.
3. He was a wonder-worker.
4. He had a brother named James.
5. He was acclaimed to be the Messiah.
6. He was crucified under Pontius Pilate.
7. An eclipse & earthquake occurred when He died.
8. He was crucified on the eve of the Passover.
This is the exact same storyline that's found in
the Bible New Testament
9. His disciples believed He rose from the dead.
10. His disciples were willing to die for their belief.
11. Christianity spread rapidly as far as Rome.
12. His disciples denied the Roman gods
and worshipped Jesus as God.
Die for a Lie?