- Although all of Scripture was written for us, it wasn’t all written to us.
- This is important in understanding the meanings of Bible passages.
- Bible primarily addressed to four (4) general groups of people:
1. Jewish People: Nation of Israel; Israelites; God’s Chosen People.
2. Gentiles: Everyone else (any non-Jewish person)
3. Individual Believers: Born-again followers of Jesus
4. Church: Entire body of Christ; all born-again followers of Jesus
a. The nation (group of people) through whom God chose to reveal himself.
b. The nation that God chose to bless through obedience.
c. The nation that would represent God on earth.
d. The nation that would be Holy (set apart for God).
e. The nation (lineage) through which God would bring the Messiah
Source: learntostudythebible.com; Israel: pinterest.com/fivefoldireland